Twittering Irish Parents
Twitter is great, but once the number of people you are following goes beyond a certain point, it becomes difficult to find tweets from the key people you are interested in. Their messages get lost in the constant chit-chat – or twittering I guess.
The majority of the people I follow on Twitter are fellow parenting bloggers, from Ireland, the US, the UK, and Canada. And I follow a lot of media outlet accounts, news streams, and retail sites as well. And while it is always interesting to see what the world is talking about, sometimes, I just want to log in and see what’s happening locally and read what’s happening in the lives of other parents in Ireland.
And as it turns out, there’s a quick and easy way to do just that.
Step 1: Create a new list. Mine’s called Irish Parenting Bloggers.
Step 2: To add someone to your new list, browse to their profile on Twitter, and select Add to List from the Contact drop-down (the button with the silhouette of a person on it)
Step 3: Then select the checkbox for the list you wish to add them to.
And that’s it. You’ve added someone to your list.
I added every Irish Parenting Blogger I could think of to my list (in no particular order!):
- @HuntersLodge: Fiona Dillon, Newest blogger on eumom.ie, and also blogs on her own site FionaDillon.com
- @KateTakes5: Stay at home mammy who blogs on http://katetakes5.blogspot.com
- @mammydiaries: Mammy, writer and blogger from Cork. Find her blog at http://www.mammydiaries.ie/
- @Dad_ie: One of the best parenting sites around for new Irish Daddies: http://www.dad.ie/
- @Mammyskitchen: Cooking, like Mammy used to do: http://cookinginmammyskitchen.com/
- @judgebrix: Although he’s living in New Jersey now, Judgebrix was an Irish Daddy blogger when I first found his site: http://www.judgebrix.com
- @cande_pop: Two Mammies write this blog at http://candepop.com/, showcasing some of the best parenting and children’s products around.
- @Daresie: Blogger at http://thedar.es/, and if you take a look in the Birth section here on Mama.ie, you might just find her birth story!
- @RunWithTina: Tina runs and blogs. Not at the same time, I think! And she can teach you to run! Her blog is at http://runwithtina.com/blog/
- @FriendsofBF: Support women and their families with breastfeeding and blog at http://www.friendsofbreastfeeding.blogspot.com/
- @Parenthood_ie: This online Irish parenting magazine includes a blog here: http://www.parenthood.ie/blog.html
- @wholesomecook: Mammy, Cook, and blogger all rolled in to one: http://wholesomecook.blogspot.com/
- @AnIrishDaddy: An Irish Daddy now living in England, and blogging about everything from politics to potty training: http://anirishdaddy.blogspot.com/
- @jillajordan: You know those Banana Pancakes I mention every so often here – well I first read about those on Jill’s blog, and I’ve been hooked ever since (on her blog as well as the pancakes!): http://properfud.wordpress.com/
- @AndMyBaby: Aine’s blog about life in Ireland with her little man is one of my favourites. You’ll find it at http://andmybaby.ie/
- @NewIrishMammy: Mother of two, writer, and blogger at http://new-irish-mammy.com/
- @HotCrossMum: Mother of two and author of one of the funniest books on parenting I’ve ever read, when she’s not working on her novel or spending time with her boys, you’ll find Hazel at http://www.hotcrossmum.blogspot.com/
- @newfarmerette: Farmer, mother, blogger, and photographer. In the real world, Elaine’s in Wicklow, but online she’s here: http://thenewfarmerette.wordpress.com/
- @lorymanrique: Contributor to the Irish Examiner Feel Good magazine, mother, and blogger at http://motherblogging.blogspot.com/
- @MollyMoo_ie: This one I just found today, but I love it already. Limerick Mammy and blogger at http://mollymoo.ie/
So that’s my list. I’ve no doubt there are plenty of great Irish Parenting Blogs and Bloggers missing from it – but those are my finds so far. If you know of any others who you feel should be included, just let me know!